<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Live 8 

I understand Live 8 was great at times, but MTV's coverage sucked. Too few performances and often when they went to a performance, they cut it off before it was over...they did it with the Killers, the Who and a 20-years since they played Pink Floyd. It was more of a "we're covering the event and not the concert". I seriously heard more about who was playing than I actually did see those people play. It just annoyed the crap out of me.

That said, I hope it works. I hope people get more involved, but as a cynic I'm skeptical. My one biggest fear is that it works too well, people will get involved and then won't get informed. What a representative democracy doesn't need is a highly active, ill-informed electorate (hello far right--we only vote one issue---conservatives). Get out, get involved, but for the love of god...learn something about what you're getting involved with first.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory