<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 19, 2005

NHL-Epilogue 

So there was a brief resurgence of hope that the NHL might have been able to save the season, it quickly disapated today into the same malaise that existed on Wednesday. My newest analogy for the NHL is this.
It's a guy who's leaving a woman who was only using him for sex. She knows she can get it elsewhere so she doesn't really care. He thinks he's one of the top four lovers in the world. So he makes loud declarations and demands and says, "Unless you do what I ask, I'm leaving!"
And he starts making his way to the door and grabs the handle.
"I swear it. I am so out of here!"
Opens the door.
"Last chance!"
Met only with silence.
"Heading out."
Crickets
As he slowly closes the door he gives her one final goodbye. "If you let me go now, it's all over! I'm never coming back!"
More crickets.
Then he closes the door. As he waits outside, first for five minutes, but that stretches into 10 minutes and then 20 he realizes she's not coming so he panics and rushes back in.
"I've decided to give you one last chance!"
She turns around from the television and gives him a look of indifference.
"If you let me go, you'll never get to see the likes of me again. Even if I do come back, it'll be different. This is your last chance to save what we had."
He steps into the doorway.
"I mean it."
She turns back to the television and picks up her cell.
"I'm closing the door!"
"Hello NBA, hi, are you free tonight?"
He slams the door shut.
"We're so done!"
Click.
As he hears the lock on the door slide into place, he realizes he's had a grevious error. But it doesn't matter, he was right, it is too late. Things will never be the same.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory