<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 14, 2004

A Request from the Gallery 

I went to see Death Cab for Cutie and They Might Be Giants play at the Bite of Oregon last night. Both put on great shows. Well worth the five dollar donation to Special Olympics. That said, I travelled down town on MAX, which is Portland's light rail system. I don't mind riding public transit. You get a chance to see some of the more colorful members of the community that way, but if you are going to be riding the train and using the ceiling handrails....use deoderant.

Seriously. I had one guy stand next to me who smelled like a slaughterhouse dipped in vomit and cat shit. At one point he was holding on with both hands, I swear the side of the train he was leaning towards started to melt. The smell was so strong I blacked out. I don't even remember getting off. I must have made it purely on survival instinct. My brain shut down my senses to protect me.

They should offer complimentary deoderant on public transit or just spray everyone who gets on with Fabreeze.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory