<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Oh Man.... 

So watching Men's Volleyball (the indoor type, not beach) I thought to myself, "this is really gay". I meant that in an 90s style, old school homosexual way. It turns out, as offensive as that thought might be to some people I was wrong and I'm sorry.

It turns out that the 50k Walk is the really gay sport. It's so bad that I don't mean that in a homosexual way because it would be so horrifically offensive to even the most stereotypical flamboyantly gay persons. I just can't think of another way to put it. Just watch it. You'll see exactly what I mean and nod your head. Plus, it must be some source of great pride to win a gold medal, but how do you break it to people that it's a gold medal you got in walking?

Did you train in the malls early in the morning?

What's the biggest challenge in your sport, not running?

And what about a walking Hall of Fame featuring all the greats? Like that guy who first took steps standing upright or the guy who somehow convinced an Olympic committee that walking was a competitive sport.

I remember in high school all the girls wanted to date the captain of the walking team.

I remember the '76 olympics where that great American hopeful Bobby "The Walker" Jackson blew his chance for a gold in the last 2k of the race when he tripped over a crack in the road and accidently broke into a brief canter. Our Olympic walking program still hasn't recovered.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory