<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Good Morning 

Hello everyone I am back from my whirlwind tour of Philadelphia, NYC and Maryland.

Hell of a good time. Stayed at one of the nicest hotels in NYC (St. Regis) for my brother's wedding. How expensive is it? My room had a butler. No seriously, a butler.

The wedding was unbelievable, but perfect. I had to give not one, but two speeches in my station as best man. I think I did ok. Got to mention that my brother had his first run in with the police at four. He's clearly the badass of the family. Got to go to the University Club for the rehersal dinner. The library they have is unbelievable. It's on the 7th floor. I highly recommend you check it out. My brother's friends were all very cool and fun. They started drinking at 3:30 on the day of the wedding, they were all still up and running at 4:30am. My cousin, who is a professional, took the pictures. You can check out her work here.

We did carry the bride and groom on chairs. We also got our sisters, moms and my father. My dad claims to be on the South Beach Diet, but having lifted him this weekend I question either the validity of that statement or the effectiveness of the diet.

A couple of things of note. NYC is loud, all the time. But it's still a damn cool town. Jerry Seinfeld's ex-girlfriend Shoshana is in love with my daughter, played with her all during the rehersal dinner. My daughter tried to steal her purse on the way out, just like her daddy taught her. Rachel Nichols, the ESPN reporter, was there. Her husband Max (son of Mike)is a good guy, one of my sister in laws best friends.

Within 2 hours of touching down in Philly, we were at the new citizen's bank ballpark to watch the Phillies lose to the Astros. 10 minutes into the game, Tess made it up on the big screen so now another 40,000 people are familiar with just how cute she is.

Maryland, in contrast, is nice and quiet, but the Eastern Shore remains beautiful in it's own way.

Those aren't really all the details, nor are they in any specific order, but I'm tired so deal with it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory