<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 13, 2004

Celebration and Mourning 

It is my baby sister's birthday today. Happy Birthday! She's 27. While I'm at it, she also weighs 137 pounds. I don't know if there's anything else I'm not supposed to say, but if you can think of something, email me. I'm a rebel willing to break rules like that.

Meanwhile, Julia Child passed away at the age of 92.

In honor of both I hit the kitchen. First I made a chocolate cake. Went really well with milk. Had to eat it myself because my wife's in Cincy and my sister resides in NYC.

To honor Julia, I made Chicken A La King from scratch. I also downed a bottle of wine while doing it. When I poured the slightest amount into my chicken I announced, "this one's for my homey Julia." Then I pointed to the sky in her memory and finished the bottle. We'll miss you Julia.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory