<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Why You Should Love Kids (But Don't Love Love Kids...That's Wrong) 

I was eating lunch at the park today. There were these three blonde kids playing with each other, I believe they were siblings (probably still are).

One of them, the oldest, asked the middle child if he was going to do something, I don't recall just what.

The middle child responded,"No, I'm going to take off my thing and then I'm going to pee on a tree."

He proceeded to unzip the outfit he was wearing, pull down his pants, turn towards a tree and urinate.

Did it with no reservations and only 20 feet away from a restroom. His mother was sitting comfortably another 20 feet away reading a book. I would have applauded his bold move had it not been soiled later when the oldest child handed me a flyer announcing that the peeing had been part of a performance art piece commenting on the Bush Administration's treatment of the environment. To me, that was pretty pretentious for a six year old, but maybe that's just me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory