<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Holy Crap! 

Come this November, America will be voting for their President. If you watched American Idol tonight you have to wonder whether or not we can handle such responsibility.

A friend of mine suggested that perhaps the best weren't getting the votes because people assumed they were getting those votes and went with lesser folks for sympathy's sake.
I don't know what happened... oh wait, America is filled with morons...that's right.

It's a simple process... vote for the best singer. That's it. It's not asking for anything beyond that. There's no IQ test. It's not involving their fashion or diction when they talk to (a very pathetic) Ryan after they are done. It's just the singing and yet America seems to struggle to get it right.

Jennifer Hudson went home this week. I don't think she was going to win, but she was still one of the top four left. John Stevens should have been on his way home. He knows it. His parents know it. His dog was embarrassed for him for not losing. Stevens should have stepped in front of Jennifer Hudson and taken the bullet so obviously meant for him.

My first thought was let's take a look at what's up there. Three strong black women on the left, four very non-threatening, innocent, (and with the exception of George) much lighter people on the right. I don't know. I'm hoping I'm more right on the moron thing, cause the racism aspect would really disappoint me.

Being a cynic you'd think I'd know better than to believe that people would vote for President or anything based on merit... but lets be honest... go talk to your friends (and if your friends are all politically active ignore this, it ruins my point) and see just what they really know about the candidates. I guarantee you that they will return with the material they've seen in the ads and not much more.

I'm concerned for this country. I already feel like we are lost and I feel even more sad that it's been confirmed by a reality show on FOX. Holy Crap! We are all so screwed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory