<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 19, 2004

Chris Magazine Jumps Shark 

The signs have been clear for weeks, but it became apparent this weekend that Chris Magazine has jumped the shark. The term, taken from an episode of Happy Days, is typically applied to things that have gone past what should have been their logical point of conclusion.

"I could see it coming from a mile a way. Actually I could see it coming from the minute he started it." Claims one unnamed insider, "Let's be honest, who doesn't have a blog? This is so last year."

"I don't know what the hell he thinks he's doing," says Chris's Mom, "Sometimes its a funny-type story about himself, then he's talking about the war, then he's looking for some sort of an intern or something... sounds a lot like the Clinton Administration."

The actual moment of Jumping the Shark came this weekend while at the park walking his dog, someone asked Chris what he did for a living.

"I was going to say I was unemployed, but instead I told them I had a blog. They said they didn't know you could make money with something like that, but I just let go of Khabby's (his dog) leash and pretended he got away so I could chase him."

Chris claimed that the blog was started on a lark, something to entertain him while he was unemployed, but clearly now he thinks it's something more important than that.

"Yeah, it's pretty sad," says his wife, "I was hoping he'd get some sort of a life or something... so much for that pipe-dream."

As for Chris, he doesn't seem dissatisfied, nor does he think the blog is done.

"Awww hell no! I figure if we've just hit bottom, I can skim along here for a bit and then there's no place to go but up."
His Mother's not too sure. "This is just like that bird he found once. It had been pretty well mauled by a cat... he should just let this one die too and for the love of god, don't bring it home to me in any case."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory