<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

American Instapoetry 

Poetry is an odd thing. Sometimes the best poetry flows from you like a river, other times it must be wrenched from you like gold taken deep from a mountain. American Idol was my inspiration tonight...

Oh my god
shut up shut up shut up
make it stop make it stop
eh
the sound reverberates
the pain continues
the end will not come


I love it when they say, "I know this song is the perfect fit for me." When I hear that I think to myself, 'Who knew that you could find a song that would dovetail so well into a mediocre voice, a lack of performance skill and a person so bereft of charisma?'

The judges gave John Stevens props tonight. Not for his performance, which was the stuff that people torture prisoners of war with, but for his hanging in there despite the fact that he belongs in this performance like a black Jew at a Christian Identity meeting. He has been stoic, I'll give him that, but I still assert that a real man would have stepped up and taken the bullet for Jennifer Hudson last week.

I appreciate that guest judge Gloria Estafan was up front that she'd be there as a cheerleader, it's too bad Paula continues to pretend that she's a "judge". Also, a sling for a bad manicure!? For the love of god....maybe they should have just put her down. She was mouthy enough tonight and kinda slurring her speech which makes me wonder just how many painkillers it was she downed before the show?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory